Thursday, August 16, 2012

Essay- Michel de Montaigne

Although words are able to describe situations it seems that when they do, they only cover a small portion of the big picture, similar to an opinion. Opinions were often showed in the writings of Michel de Montaigne and through the character, Elizabeth, in the book Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen. Expressing themselves really showed what they believed in and that they didn't seem to care about what anybody else thought. However they are both only one small part of a large puzzle still being put together and so similar to words, both in the end may only be slightly significant. "A man is getting along on the road to wisdom when he begins to realize that his opinion is just an opinion."

---Paragraph above answers both one and two in my case. I had the idea of tying in opinions as a part of my essay, but the idea that opinions are not all that significant and are similar to words in that aspect only occurred to me now.

3) Interruptions make it extremely difficult for me to concentrate. I find in-class essays challenging as is because my thoughts and ideas cannot process that quickly. When are time was taken away, my ideas were only beginning to materialize and basically evaporated once I left the classroom. Re-entering that thought process took time and caused me to become flustered when the ideas in my head could not be transferred onto paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment