Friday, August 3, 2012


A question I often ask myself before picking a course is: Do I really want to sit in a classroom and watch movies time after time eventually realizing at the end of the year that I learned nothing? In my opinion, this course will challenge my ability to go out of my normal "thinking way" to stop and really think about things. Normally, I don't attempt to take risks of any sort. However, when challenges are thrown at me, I find that I will do anything to overcome them. Every accomplishment makes me feel as though I did something right and I like this feeling. Acheiving greatness is something I always strive for and I'm excited to go after it because I know that I can rise to the top. However, I am a little nervous about the workload but I'm sure this feeling is common among all students joining this class. I also plan on taking multiple dance classes that will take up at least 10 hours of my after-school time as well as my job working behind the front desk at my dance studio. This may sound crazy but I'm hoping it will all work out!
Writing and me, excuse me writing and I, haven't really mixed all that much for as long as I can remember. :) I have never been able to corrrectly express my thoughts and ideas onto paper but I'm hoping to change that this year. I would love to have every writing assignment sound as interesting as possible even if the topic is about what color I'm going to paint my nails.
Throughout this course, we learn how to think outside the box. Thinking outside the box expands our knowledge on imagination, inspiration, and achievement. In fact, I remember a specific journal topic where we had to explain our favorite color to a blind person. Not the easiest thing to do or explain on a piece of paper but it really made us think to the fullest extent! Throughout this course, we have to use our brains (obviously) but instead of just using what we know, we must also inquire about the things we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment