Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Do we have the right to our opinion?

Today's socratic seminar was quite interesting. We basically listened to Conner talk about some sort of inception concept the entire time, but once we got on track I think I finally got an idea on the whole debacle of the 'right to your opinion.' Technically speaking we do not have the right to our opinion. We are not obligated to agree with others on their opinions. This is good because I would never want to if I believed in something different. These people may also have this same thought when thinking of mine. They don't have to like what I think and I could continue on disagreeing with them as well. The saying goes, "An opinion is like a nose, everyone has one." It really doesn't matter what everybody else thinks. We base our opinions on what we know and it is nearly impossible to know everything about a certain situation so both could be true and both could be false. Simply said, everybody has an opinion and others may not agree with it, but it doesn't make them change how they think, nor does it justify the reasons they have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment