Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dickens Map

1) Well since I was sick for an entire week of school I was able to somewhat focus on the book Great Expectations, but now I have so much other work to catch up on that I will squeeze any reading time in when I can.

2)

  1. Analyze the character of Pip, Miss Havisham, Estella, and Magitch and their relationships to each other.
  2. Explain the impact of a first person protagonist narrator on the story.
  3. Discuss Dickens's use of humor, pathos, and occasionally bathos.
  4. Identify and explain Dickens's social themes as expressed in this book.
  5. Analyze how Dickens creates suspense.
http://www.enotes.com/documents/great-expectations-ap-teaching-unit-79127?action=preview&pg=3

3) I think AP style multiple-choice questions would help us prepare, but I don't think that's how we should be tested. Test-taking has never been a strong point of mine so I would rather do some sort of project to help explain what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment